Friday, July 16, 2010

Hair Care Friday: Phytocitrus Restructuring Mask (review)

Oh my goodness – I actually made it through this week. I can't believe it's Friday! Not only is it Friday…it's Hair Care Friday. And this week, I'm reviewing a lovely mask from Phyto.

Phytocitrus Restructuring Mask - Color-Treated Hair

Blurb: A rich treatment designed to extend the life of your color. This decadent formula delivers a blend of citrus fruits and proteins that effectively lock in color, restructure the hair fiber, and boost radiance. When used daily, in conjunction with Phytocitrus Shampoo for two weeks after color-process, it keeps color bright, vibrant, and illuminated with shine.

If you ever met me in person, you would realize right away that I color my hair. Mainly because reddish/brown hair with glints of purple doesn't really occur in nature. Not only do I color my already dry, curly hair; I'm also in the process of growing it out again. Which means I am constantly on the look out for anything that will promote good hair health (so I'll end up with long pretty hair vs. straw). This mask is made for people like me. It protects the color (reds fade more easily than other shades), and conditions beautifully.

I first tried it according to the instructions. I worked it through my hair, left it on for 5 minutes, then rinsed. I got great results – very soft hair and nice curls. But I like to wear hair masks overnight, so I also tried it that way. (And because I wear masks overnight, I really appreciated the lovely fragrance.) The texture is lovely (very creamy, easy to apply, and minimal "goo" factor); and the results from my overnight trial were spectacular. My hair was softer, bouncier and very very manageable all day long. Excellent!

You can check out more Phyto products on the website, or find them at Sephora, drugstore.com or Skin 1.

Have a wonderful weekend!
.
(ftc disclosure: purchased myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment