Friday, July 23, 2010

Hair Care Friday: Ojon Revitalizing 2-Min Hair Mask (review)

Now that my hair is getting longer, I'm getting reacquainted with one of its (many) peculiarities. Most of my hair is curly and thick; but the hair at the top of my head tends to be finer, thinner and have relatively little curl. This doesn't matter much when my hair is short or medium length; but once it starts growing, I'm in terrible danger of having the dreaded "Christmas tree" effect. (That's when my hair gets that Roseanne Roseannadanna triangle shape*…shudder!)

Eventually, my hair will grow out enough to be fixed with layering by a professional hair stylist (in my case, the intrepid "Scott"). But in the meantime, I need something to give me a volume boost as well as the always necessary conditioning. As luck would have it, the hair gurus at Ojon are way ahead of me.

NEW Revitalizing 2-Min Hair Mask

Blurb: In just 2 minutes, this nourishing creamy mask improves the condition of dry, dehydrated hair. With the appeal of a light refreshing fragrance this formula helps replenish hydration and detangle hair leaving it silky-smooth and shiny without weighing it down. Fortified with exclusive Ojon® oil, an ancient native secret to naturally beautiful hair from Central America’s Tawira tribe, known as "the people of beautiful hair.™" Enriched with 9 exotic oils and butters (Murumuru Butter, Shea Butter, Mango Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Babassu Seed Oil, Passion Flower Oil, Jojoba Oil, Sesame Oil, Avocado Oil) that infuse directly into the hair shaft to condition and nourish dry, dehydrated hair. Each of these oils is carefully selected for their high content in essential lipids. These lipids mimic the ones naturally present in hair.

I love a good hair mask, and this one is a stand out! For one thing, it's convenient. Most of the masks I use are for overnight – which is very nice; but there isn't always time. This one works fabulously in only 2 minutes. I smoothed it on, put on a shower cap, picked out my clothes for the day, came back and rinsed. That was it! I skipped my daily conditioner (as per the instructions), and my hair was gorgeous.

My hair was soft without any heaviness or greasiness (and stayed soft until the next morning). But the big surprise was the noticeable lift. My hair looked fuller and thicker; and my curls looked great – all without any frizz or fuzziness. The fact that the effects lasted into the next day tells me that regular use is going to make a big difference.

You'll find all kinds of treats for your tresses on the website. And be sure to visit the Special Offers page (because if you try the Hair Mask, you'll also receive a bonus 2oz. Animated Styling Cream with your purchase). Ojon is also available at Sephora, Ulta and Nordstrom (you can also check the where to buy section for local shops and salons).

*For those of you aren't familiar with Gilda Radner's Roseanne Roseannadanna character, here's a snippet of Friday culture…





.
(ftc disclosure: sample/product received from manufacturer or representative)

No comments:

Post a Comment