Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Birthday Fun: Parties and Scarves!

I'm pretty good about letting people know when my birthday is coming up. Not because I'm trying to wheedle gifts (parents excluded); but because I want to really get a chance to share it with the people around me. And there has been a whole lot of sharing.

I've been branching out and trying some new things, which means a bunch of new people have come into my life this year. Even with all the adjustments (and awkwardness) that comes with meeting new people; this has been one of the most exciting years of my life. And I suspect this is just the beginning. One thing I've learned this year, is how much I still have to learn…and how much fun it can be to do things differently.

In addition to all of the caring and sharing, there's been a heck of a lot of fun. I had a surprise party on the weekend! And it was an actual surprise! I'm pretty good at sensing when something is up; but my friends managed to keep everything under wraps (literally) until the minute they yelled "surprise!" And the dear, dear person who planned it all thought of ingenious ways to divert my attention at the right moments.

Adding to the fun is my new, amazing GORGEOUS Hermés scarf that my other spectacular friend picked out for me. I am in scarfy birthday love!

(This picture features the design, but in a different color scheme – mine is bordered in red, with a green background instead of gold.)

MmmmWAH to you, my adorable scarfy friend! I'm wearing it tied today, but here I have it draped around my shoulders. When the weather gets cooler, I can spread it out a little more.

I also got a really pretty rainscarf – perfect for the ridiculous thunderstorms that have been showing up all of a sudden!

Oh the awesomeness!

Anyway…just had to share. One of the things I've learned is that if you focus on the happy times when they arrive, it's likely that more of them will show up!

Peace and happy days to all of you!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment