Friday, May 7, 2010

2010 Met Gala: Moroccanoil & Rachel Weisz, Sienna Miller and Claire Danes

Gorgeous hair from the Met Gala...

The stars were out at the annual Met Ball at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art, to help celebrate and raise funds for the opening of the Museum's 2010 Costume Institute Exhibit. Between thunderstorms, the weather was humid and hair stylists were challenged to create glamorous looks that were not only beautiful but also frizz-free:

Rachel Weisz

Hairstylist: Mark Townsend

"The theme of this year's Met Ball was "American Woman," and after seeing Rachel's Oscar de la Renta dress I knew that we should keep her hair down and sexy. I started by adding a few drops of Moroccanoil Treatment to her hair, to condition and strengthen it while reducing drying time. This helped ensure a shiny, healthy look. Then I blow-dried her hair with a medium-sized, round brush.

When all the hair was dry, I used a 13/4-inch curling iron and rolled the hair from the ends to the roots in the iron. This technique creates more volume at the bottom of the hair instead of at the roots. When the hair was curled, I brushed it out with a flat brush.

To tame flyaway hairs, I sprayed Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray on the top section of hair and then sprayed Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray on the ends to fight the New York City humidity and frizz. This Spray helps to enhance Rachel's highlights and creates amazing shine that will last all night. Rachel was so happy with the outcome of her hair and felt it was soft and sexy with a bit of a classic 70's vibe."

Sienna Miller

Hairstylist: John D.

Sienna Miller made a dramatic entrance wearing a stunning navy blue Emilio Pucci gown. The hair, created by celebrity stylist John D. was strongly inspired by the classic, sensual beauty of Brigitte Bardot.

According to John D., "I first prepped her slightly damp hair with Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream, applying a small amount on the palm of my hand then finger-combing it throughout the hair. I used it to hydrate and protect the hair as well as helping to counteract the humidity in the air and prevent frizz.

Next I did a super-clean, simple blowout using a flat bristle brush. I wanted to smooth out any natural wave yet still leave a bit of volume at the root.

After the hair was dry, I decided on a messy center part, then pulled back the front part of hair, and fastened half into an undone half-upstyle. I left a bit of volume at the crown so it would look slightly messy, yet classically Bardot.

The weather was very humid in New York this evening and the red carpet happened between rainstorms, so I had to rely on a spray I could trust to keep her style in place and under control. So I finished the look with new Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray, which is strong enough to keep the style in place and tame frizz, but soft enough to make sure Sienna's hair looked natural and beautiful."

Claire Danes


Hairstylist: Peter Butler

Claire Danes looked exceptional in a strapless slate-grey gown by Christopher Bailey for Burberry, with a hair look that highlighted her elegant pale blonde color with natural-looking polished and textured waves.

According to stylist Peter Butler, "the look was elegant with a luxurious rock-and-roll edge. I created a higher part than Claire usually wears to open up her face and created smooth, flowing waves that looked tousled yet sophisticated. It's almost like a modern version of combed out beach waves with a refined texture."

To create the look: Peter Butler first applied a dry shampoo at the roots for volume, then used new argan oil-infused Moroccanoil Light to smooth and hydrate strands, reduce frizz, and help prepare and protect hair before using a curling iron.

"I used Moroccanoil Light because of Claire's fine texture and delicate pale blonde. Unlike a lot of other products, I knew it would be ideal for fine hair, wouldn't alter her unique color. It also protects without weighing hair down or interfering with the hairstyle"

Next, I used a medium barrel curling iron, picking up small sections starting at the nape of the neck, twisting hair around while leaving ends straight. After combing curls out with a wide-tooth comb, I adjusted the texture with my hands and brought them forward to soften the face.

Once I had the look, I used a bit more Moroccanoil Light to further smooth out ends and help prevent frizz because the air in New York tonight is quite humid. I finished with a light mist of Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray followed by Moroccanoil Luminous Hair Spray for a hold that looked natural and allowed hair to move."

Moroccanoil(r) is sold in professional salons and spas throughout the country.
http://www.moroccanoil.com
.


No comments:

Post a Comment