Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fabulousness…now in pencil form! Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner (review)

Whoa, man! My weekly horoscope is awesome (rock on with your astrological self, Rob Breszny)! Take a look (Leo's pay special attention):

"…Now that you Leos are in the "anything goes" phase of your astrological cycle, this full-permission part of me is rising to the forefront, eager to encourage you to go for broke, take it to the limit, and get away with everything you can get away with -- on one condition, which is that it doesn't harm anyone, including you."

Oooh! Anything goes? I repeat: Oooh! And I'm perfectly willing to accept the "no harm" portion.

I'm also thrilled that this came along just in time to justify a recent purchase I made. As part of my (then unknown) "go for broke" behavior, I bought a new, yummy thing from Stila.

NEW Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner (in silverdollar)

Blurb: Obsessed for Smudge Pots? You'll go crazy for Smudge Sticks! This highly pigmented, waterproof eye liner glides on to deliver intense, vibrant color with staying power. These easy to apply, eye liners have it all: Long Lasting, Waterproof, Easy to apply, Several shimmer intense shades to make eyes stand out, Vibrant colors, Self sharpening propel pencil. Shades: stingray- Black, lionfish- Brown with Shimmer, purple tang- Purple with Shimmer, moray- Olive with Shimmer, koi- Metallic Gold, silverdollar- Metallic Silver, peacock- Cobalt Blue, blue ribbon- Navy Grey

So this was a tough one. Since I'm an eyeliner aficionado (spelled: j-u-n-k-i-e), I already have a whole lotta eyeliners sitting on my vanity. And I didn't have a whole lotta money sitting in my bank account. But what could possibly be better than a Stila Smudge Pot? I know – a Smudge Pot in portable, adorable, pencil form!

But still – how could I possibly justify buying another eyeliner? Well, the helpful salesguy at Sephora solved that problem when he…showed me a pencil in a color that I didn't have. Yes. It turns out I have somehow managed to not have a shiny silver eyeliner. Problem solved…ka-CHING!

I'm telling you this story because there's no reason for you not to have already guessed that I love these new liners! It really is the fabulous, smooth, creamy, Smudge Pot formula in stick form (and new colors). It glides on without tugging, looks beautiful, blends nicely, then sets to long lasting, budge-proof, waterproof loveliness. This shade is especially pretty. Silverdollar is a frosty, cool, flattering silver. Great for brightening the inside corners or dramatically lining the entire eye. I even tried it as a shadow and got a spectacular look! I strongly suggest running out this minute and getting one (well, at least those of you who are Leos).

If you want to browse the other colors, check out the website. And if you really want to "go for broke," take a look at the Summer Must Haves page. Mmmm. Stila is also sold at Beauty.com. And if you can't possibly wait for the postman to bring you your Smudge Stick, head on over to Sephora or Ulta.

Happy Wednesday!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment