Saturday, December 19, 2009

I Feel Snowbound: Darphin Jasmine Aromatic Care (review and mini weather rant)

Well, it seems to be snowing here in the Philly area. A lot. Normally I LOVE the snow. When I grew up in Southern California, we would actually drive to the mountains to “visit the snow.” So I’m usually pretty thrilled that the snow now comes right to my door. Usually. Today, I am slightly less than thrilled. Because I had plans. Good plans. Now I have to move to Plan B. (The letter “B” stands for “bites” as in “having to change my plans bites.”)

Thank you, everyone, I just needed to complain for a bit. Those of you who read my blog know how cranky I get when plans go awry. But I fully understand that this is not the worst thing in the world. I also seem to remember that when stuff like this happens, life has a strange, unforeseen way of turning out better than I expected. I don’t know why that is, but it seems to be the norm more than the exception. So I’ll stop whining and start thinking about how beautiful and magical the snow looks falling outside of my window. And how grateful I am to safe, warm and probably exactly where I need to be a this moment.

What’s that? No I did not forget that this is a beauty blog! Not for one teensy minute! I'm afraid I don’t have a cheesy tie-in to today’s review though. But I don’t think I need one. Today’s fabulous little bottle of gorgeousness comes from the wonderful folks (les gens merveilleux) at Darphin Paris.

Jasmine Aromatic Care

Blurb: Revive tired, dull skin. This aromatic, smoothing and revitalizing essence of well-being nourishes and helps improve elasticity. Apply Darphin Jasmine Aromatic Care in the evening. Key Ingredients: Jasmine Essential Wax, Rosewood and Orange Essential Oils, Raspberry Pip and Muscat Oils, Avocado Extracts.

Oh wait! I just thought of a tie-in! I finally get to sing O Holy Night tomorrow in a concert…and I get to sing part of it in French! I’m pretty excited about that. But see? French? Darphin Paris? Hmmm…I need to stop now and get on with the review, don’t I?

Okay then…This is one of the most fabulous, lovely, luxurious things I have ever had the privilege of wearing on my skin. I wish it wasn’t so pricey; because I would put it in the bathwater if I could. Instead, I just put it on my face. I use it like a moisturizer at night, and my skin loves it! It smells heavenly, absorbs quickly, soothes, hydrates and makes my skin petal soft. In the morning my skin is still soft and balanced. It’s made with the “right” kind of oils, so it doesn’t clog pores or cause breakouts. I really love using it right now because the air is so dry (especially at night). And the little bit of luxury before bed time is pretty awesome.

The website is basically one deluxe, fabulous-looking product after another. Darphin is also found at Blue Mercury (and fancy stores like Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus).


.

1 comment:

  1. This oil is very good for people with dry skin. I would also like to use it. I have been using Darfin essential oil care for many years. To get more information online medicines usa from cheap medicines usa.

    ReplyDelete