Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Heads Up! Ouidad Deep Treatment Intensive Conditioner (review)

I will be spending today with my head held high. Because I'm proud? Um…no. I already looked down once today. Unfortunately I happened to look down at the bathroom scale, and the view was not pretty. I was sad, but not surprised. I suspected I had been a little…erm…indulgent on Thursday (and Friday…and Saturday). Still, I was hoping that the magic bathroom scale fairy would somehow fix things. No such luck. So today I will not be looking down at any more scales.

And I will also be reviewing a product for my hair. My wonderful, curly, non-weight-gaining hair. Here's a little something from Ouidad.

Deep Treatment Intensive Conditioner

Blurb: Deep Treatment Intensive Conditioner by Ouidad feeds and strengthens curls with a combination of essential amino acids, proteins, and effective moisturizers. An essential first step to rebuilding the health and liveliness of curls damaged by processing or harsh conditions, Deep Treatment penetrates through the hair cuticle to nourish the internal structure of your curls, restoring bounce and controlling frizz. Deep Treatment is the foundation for restoring and maintaining your hair's health and beauty. Due to a curl's tendency to lose nutrients and moisture, frequent deep conditioning is necessary to replenish the mane's strength, allowing each strand to regain its internal weight and body and minimize the tendency to frizz. Used with heat, the mix of proteins and Amino Acids effectively penetrates hair to bond with the cuticle, leaving hair revived and restructured for enhanced performance.

I think just about every curly girl has heard about Ouidad salons and products. I've been hearing about them for years and am finally getting around to checking them out. I ran out of my last hair mask/treatment and decided to test out Ouidad's. Fabulous! I tried it two ways. The first time, I followed the directions and left it on for about 15 minutes, then rinsed and conditioned. I got instant results. My hair was softer, shinier, and my curls were curlier. Sunday night I tried leaving it on overnight and the results were spectacular. I got super smooth, shiny, bouncy curls and my hair felt really soft. And this was even on a rainy day. Today, it still feels great. Awesome!

The website is a truly fun place for curly girls (and, oh yeah, boys). There's a fun Curl Talk section, as well as a blog and a page of holiday gift sets. You can also look for a salon. And you can also check out Ouidad products at Sephora.

Happy Tuesday!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment