Thursday, September 2, 2010

Your Thursday Face: Tarte Clean Slate Primer (review)

First – a big shout out to a very good friend! We had dinner a year ago today, and it’s been awesome having you in my life! Today is also International Beverly Hills 90210 Day (I won’t go into details, but here’s a link if you want to know more).

And of course today is also…Thursday. Which means a fabulous new product for your pretty face. Today’s is from Tarte.

Clean Slate Natural Face Primer

Blurb: We firmly believe that a few lines are a sign of a life well-lived. On the other hand, there is something awfully enticing about getting to start anew…This natural primer helps makeup stay in place longer while preventing creasing in fine lines and wrinkles. Unlike other primers, clean slate™ contains natural fruit and plant derived extracts to treat, protect, sooth and hydrate the skin.

Sometimes a clean slate is the very thing that’s needed. I'm working on creating one in my personal life right now. In addition to clearing a lot of clutter from my apartment, I also decided to clear a lot of things out. One recent decision was to stop pursuing an opera career. It feels sad; but it also feels like a huge relief. There are other creative venues I want to pursue, and I desperately needed some space to start over.

So it kinda makes sense that something called “Clean Slate Primer” would appeal to me today. And in addition to the thoroughly appropriate name; it’s also a really fine product. It smoothes on easily, absorbs quickly and makes my foundation last hours longer (especially in summer weather). I also love that Tarte makes a consistent (and successful) effort to create products that nourish the skin.

You can read more about skin friendliness as well as green beauty on the website. You can also find out how to earn Tarte tokens, and check out the blog. Tarte is also found at Sephora and Beauty.com.

And…I just couldn’t let 90210 Day pass without a video link. I wasn’t able to embed the video (and it has commercials) – but it’s worth a look just to get a glimpse of Steve’s perfectly coiffed hair (and check out David’s shirt in the picture…dude).


.
(ftc disclosure: received as sample with purchase)

No comments:

Post a Comment