Friday, September 17, 2010

Hair Care Friday: Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream (review)

Sorry I’ve been MIA so much this week! In addition to the usual craziness, I’ve been trying to get a ton of stuff done before I leave on my trip today. Last night (and the night before), I just plain ran out of time. But I couldn’t miss Hair Care Friday!

While everyone is concentrating on Fashion Week and Manhattan; my attention is on a trip to upstate New York this weekend. Madness! Way too much to do - and way too small a suitcase. Of course if I left out the toiletries, I might have a little more room – but why on earth would I do that? In addition to products made and packaged especially for travel, I also like to use more travel-worthy versions of products I use at home. Today’s hair friendly, suitcase friendly item is from Moroccanoil.

Hydrating Styling Cream

Blurb: Moroccan Oil Hydrating Styling Cream from the Moroccanoil series is a leave in styling cream made with pure Argan oil. For hundreds of years Argan oil has been used by women in Morocco to treat hair and nails in order to counteract the effects of the hot climate. The Argan tree, found only in the South West of Morocco called Argana; blossoms in the desert-like conditions and produces fruits much like olives yet larger and rounder. Inside the fruit grows a large nut that houses up to three almond-shape kernels which are the source of this miraculous oil. Pure Argan oil conditions and hydrates hair. Elimates frizz. Adds definition and brilliant shine. Effective and versatile for all hair types.

Ever since I tried their Oil Treatment, I’ve been a huge fan of everything Moroccanoil. I’m taking along the shampoo and conditioner this weekend; and instead of bringing the Original Oil Treatment along, I’m taking this Styling Cream.

It’s an excellent leave-in. It makes my hair super soft, tames frizz; and keeps my curls shiny and bouncy when I just scrunch and air dry (which is the plan for this weekend). It’s also a lot more portable than the oil treatment; and it’s fabulous for days when I’m outside a lot, and my hair needs a bit of “refreshing” from time to time (or just before going out).

As always, I highly recommend you check out the website. Take a look at the season trends, events, or locate a salon.

Have a great weekend, everyone!


(ftc disclosure: sample/product received from manufacturer or representative)

No comments:

Post a Comment