Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Turn, turn, turn: Origins Gloomaway Grapefruit Bath Bar (review)

Today it really feels like Summer is over. This morning, I was talking to someone who lives slightly north of me; and he told me that the leaves where he lives are really starting to change. And when I walked outside, I saw a few leaves with a slightly reddish tinge. It was also overcast and drizzly today…and the smell of Autumn was in the air.

In about a week or so, I’ll be thrilled at the beautiful leaves and the crisp air. I’ll also be thrilled that I get to wear deep, gorgeous fall colors (and that my makeup stays put instead of melting off). But for now, I’m a little bit sad. There are a lot of good things ahead; but it’s been a gigantic summer, and I kind of hate to say goodbye.

So…I feel like talking about something a little bit perky at the moment. Maybe a refreshing treat from Origins.

Gloomaway Grapefruit Bath Bar

Blurb: Nature raises the bar. Let lively Grapefruit create a sense of optimism and contentment from top to toe. Rinses easily and leaves skin soap-free.

There’s an awesome sales girl at the Origins counter in the local Macy's (Willow Grove, PA). She suggested the Gloomaway line when I told her how much I loved citrus. I took a whiff in the store, and knew I was going to take something home. I picked the bath bar because I love bar soaps; and because I already have a ton of moisturizers and shower gels.

I'm so glad I got this! First…it’s an excellent bar. The lather is wonderful and fluffy, it rinses away easily, and my skin feels clean and balanced afterwards. But the real reason to bring one home is the fragrance. It’s fresh, bright, clean, just a little bit sweet, and very grapefruity! It’s a great start for a gloomy morning (or even a nice morning for that matter). It’s also nice for a relaxing evening shower when you want to feel squeaky clean before getting into bed. Yummmm!

There’s an entire fabulous collection of Gloomaway bath and body items on the website. And right now you can get a free starter set with any skincare purchase. Check out the store locations page if you want to inhale the freshness for yourself.

And for those of you who need a little more perspective (or just a bit of fine 60’s pre-MTV groove); here’s Turn, Turn, Turn from The Byrds



(ftc disclosure: purchased myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment