Tuesday, May 19, 2009

ESS-PEA-EFF Part 1: Oh la la, La Mer! (review)

Woo Hoo! Long weekend coming up!

Memorial Day weekend is sort of the unofficial start of summer (and outdoor activities). Going to the beach, barbecuing, outdoor events and various sports (which I know nothing about). Here in Philly, we are all fairly sure that there will be warmth (and sunshine) soon. And I'm assuming that many of you will be outdoors enjoying the warm weather. I'm also assuming that everyone will be wearing plenty of SUN PROTECTION. Yes? (Please tell me yes.) You know, out of all the beauty treatments available, the most guaranteed, sure-fire path to youthful and gorgeous skin is still SUN PROTECTION.

About 18 months ago, I converted to the religion of sunscreen after two…gasp!...brown spots began to appear on my cheeks. All that sunbathing during my teen years and my later disregard for sunscreen resulted in…SPOTS! Then the dermatologist told me that there would be MORE if I didn't mend my ways. So I mended them. Now I always wear sunscreen on my face and neck. My ways are officially mended.

Since there's a long weekend on the horizon, I am going to spend the next few days talking about some fine products with SPF (Sun Protection Factor). There are so many out there now, so I'm going to focus on some of the really stellar products I've found for the face (and neck).

And I'm starting with the big guns. Two words: La Mer. Two fabulous items from La Mer have totally knocked my socks off.

Fabulous Item #1: The SPF 30 UV Protecting Fluid

Blurb: Provides broad spectrum UVA/ UVB protection as well as an array of visible light-transformation benefits. The Smart Seaweed Ferment also attracts moisture to the skin to create a protective, emollient barrier, helping to prevent dehydration. Luxurious and lightweight to the touch, the transparent formula is an ideal makeup primer, providing a smooth, flawless finish as it conditions and helps protect skin.

I've already heard amazing things about this fluid and it did not disappoint! This sunscreen has everything: A nice high SPF, a high percentage of zinc oxide, non-comedogenic, lightly conditioning and it feels absolutely weightless. Not only that, it's invisible (zero white cast). And it really did work well as a primer. This is sun protection, skincare and beauty all in one bottle. Spectacular!

Fabulous Item #2: The Treatment Powder Foundation (SPF 15)

Blurb: Weightless color and precious gemstones smooth away imperfections to reveal a naturally flawless finish. La Mer’s potent skincare benefits leave skin looking luminous. This lightweight compact formula smoothes away imperfections to transform the complexion. A signature Radiant Ferment continuously improves clarity and brightness to illuminate the skin. Airspun seaborne particles – some of the lightest materials on earth – create an imperceptible finish that leaves skin looking naturally flawless all day.

I seem to be running across some nice powder foundations lately. But La Mer's is extra gorgeous! It goes on easily and feels wonderful. A single application (again, I used a kabuki brush) gives a medium coverage and I was able to build and get more coverage where I need it. The finish was velvety smooth (and slightly luminous) -- and it still looked lovely hours later. I also tried a light dusting over my liquid foundation and got great results too. Home run, La Mer!

La Mer is available at select Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, and through their website.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment