Wednesday, May 20, 2009

ESS-PEA-EFF Part 2: Tinted Moisturizers

So like a dog with a bone, I'm going to repeat: out of all the beauty treatments available, the most guaranteed, sure-fire path to youthful and gorgeous skin is still SUN PROTECTION.

Today I'm going to mention a few tinted moisturizers with SPF. I use tinted moisturizers when I really don't need the full coverage of a foundation. When my skin is behaving, I love the sheer, natural look that I get. Tinted moisturizers also feel lighter (great for hot weather). These three I'm discussing all have an SPF of 15 or higher. (I still start out the day with sunscreen underneath, though - just to make sure I'm covered.)

#1: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer - Oil Free (SPF 20)

Blurb: A sheer, lightweight, buildable foundation that can be worn by all skin types but especially those with acne prone, sensitive or oily skin. Hydrating, oil-free formula softens skin offering a healthy glow. Helps to prevent excess oil from setting on the surface of the skin. Controls oil breakthrough while providing hydration to prevent dryness. Buildable coverage for those hard-to-cover places. Ideal for troubled skin.

This is a little pricier, but I really love it. And it certainly does love me back. (I am an owner of the "troubled skin" referred to in the blurb.) This tinted moisturizer does what it says it does. It hydrates without clogging my pores, controls oil and looks darn amazing all day long.

#2: Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer Tinted Moisturizer (SPF 20)

Blurb: Healthy Skin Enhancer combines a vitamin-infused Retinol treatment to smooth fine lines, the protection of SPF 20 moisturizer and sheer, lightweight tint in a single application.

This was highly recommended by my friend, Nancy. It's reasonably priced ($11.49!), oil-free, non-comedogenic, and contains Retinol. According to Nancy, it's great for sensitive, oily and break-out prone skin. Even though I haven't tried this, if Nancy gives it a thumbs up, you can be pretty sure it's fabulous.

#3: Benefit You Rebel Tinted Moisturizer (SPF 15)

Blurb: Our defiantly different tinted moisturizer with SPF 15 leaves your complexion healthy & protected with a hint of color. We've tossed in antioxidants, aloe vera & allantoin for soft, supple skin all year long.

I gave this a try because it had a cool name. Then I ended up being impressed the actual product. The tint seems a little dark at first, but once it's on, it changes to a very sheer, dewy finish. Because of the aloe vera and allantoin, I recommend this mainly for those of you who don't have break-out issues. But the pretty, natural look of this tinted moisturizer is outstanding.

What products will be featured tomorrow? Will Maria remember to use spell check? Come back for another riveting installment of "ESS-PEA-EFF…."
.

No comments:

Post a Comment