Monday, May 18, 2009

Travel Buddy: Cover Girl Outlast Lipstains (review)

Over the last few days I was on a whole bunch of airplanes. Okay, maybe there were only 4 airplanes, but it seemed like a whole bunch. I know that things had to change; but I really miss the days when I could easily find non-stop cross country flights. I also miss the days when I didn't have to try to fit all of my beauty products into one little bag. One whole quart – oh big deal.

And don't get me started on the whole bottled water thing.

Anyway, I didn't want to check baggage, so I started shopping around for airline-approved containers. And I kept running across bags that came with 3 bottles. Three? Are you kidding? Luckily, I finally found an awesome Carry-On Bottle Kit at Bed Bath and Beyond. It has zillions of little bottles and jars (well – maybe only 15, but it seemed like zillions).

I wedged everything I needed into this thing and then I realized (steady yourself)...I had forgotten the lip products! How had I done that? What would I do? Would I spend my trip with colorless lips? No, of course not. Covergirl Outlast Lipstain to the rescue!

Blurb: The water-based colorants of Outlast Lipstain give lips a beautiful, lightweight flush of color that won't come off, lasting for hours without the heavy look or feel of an ordinary lipstick. Its pen-like precision applicator makes it easy to define your lips-just draw on color without any hassle!

I'm sure you have already read the fabulous reviews of these lip stains. As soon as they were available, I bought a couple and have loved them ever since. They're long wearing, easy to apply, non-drying and look great. What I really appreciate is their versatility. I can smudge a little bit on with my finger for a natural look, or use the pen applicator to get really intense color. Recently I've been pairing them with a gloss or sheer lipstick. Even when the gloss/lipstick wears off, the lipstain stays put underneath.

I ended up squeezing one (in "Cinnamon Smile") into my already stuffed beauty bag along with a tiny bit of Stila's High Shine Lip Color in "Amber," and my lips were good to go for the whole trip.

Even when you're not traveling, these are great for every day – especially when you don't have the inclination to keep re-applying. If you haven't tried these yet (or you just want to check out some new colors), now is a great time to stock up. Drugstore.com is having a BOGO sale.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment