Monday, April 13, 2009

Two Things I Love (that are really Four Things I Love)

Oh how I love my NARS lip gloss/lip stain duos! NARS lip products are some of the very best and these duos give you double the NARS goodness. Please look at the picture, then read the company blurb while I look for more adjectives.


Company blurb: This dual-ended lip product offers the ultimate pairing in lip color: a flawless, long-lasting color and a high-shine gloss, designed to create the quintessential, undeniably sexy pout. Each may be worn separately or layered for an individually tailored hue.

Okay. It’s a stain! It’s a gloss! It’s matte! It’s shiny! It’s versatile!

To me, these duos are the best of both worlds. Each duo has a lip stain on one end and a lip gloss on the other. The lip stain formula manages to be long-wearing without being drying. It goes on very smoothly and has a velvety, matte finish. The colors are beautiful and rich. These stains are paired with a complementary lip gloss. The glosses are shiny, with fun, easy to wear colors.

My two favorites (right now) are:

Metis & Victoire: A plum brown stain and a sheer mulberry gloss. A really sophisticated way to go “neutral.”

Moon Fleet & Indian Red: A scarlet stain paired with sparkling gold gloss. Probably my favorite of the whole bunch. The stain is a deep, velvety, va-va-VOOM red and the Moon Fleet gloss (which goes with absolutely everything) really adds depth and glamour.

For those of you who like to mix and match on your own, you can buy each stain or gloss separately. I could post all week about NARS, but instead, I’ll just gush today over these duos. Oh yes, and point you towards their website.



No comments:

Post a Comment