Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Once Again, Eye Feel Pretty

A couple of weeks ago, I went to a Dior Event at Saks Fifth Avenue in Bala Cynwyd, PA. (For all of you not from the Philly area, it's pronounced "Ba-la Kinwood" – I have no idea why.) I had an in-store makeup appointment and tried out some Dior makeup and skincare for the first time.

Rodderick (Roddie) Gregg was the Diorshow National Artist for the event. When I told him I wanted something different from the browns and the purples I’d been wearing all winter; he suggested the Dior 5 Colour Palette in "Mystic Jade."


Well, I was just a little skeptical. I’m a brunette with a light olive complexion, and I thought this palette looked like something for blondes. However, brilliant Roddie assured me he would make it work. Better yet, he'd show me how I could make it work. And work it did. The pale blue and peach highlighted without looking harsh, the pale green made my brown eyes pop, and he used the darker shades to contour and line. The overall effect was big, beautiful brown eyes for Spring. I never would have chosen this palette on my own; but I'll be wearing it a lot (I took one home.) Now that I've been wearing it, I really appreciate the quality and staying-power of these eyeshadows.

Roddie also showed me a cool trick for pencil liner. I told him I didn't like pencils; so he took a brush to the eye pencil and then used the brush to line my eye. He also brushed the liner on my eyelid as a base for shadow. Genius -- I now have a use for all my old pencils!

Another excellent item was the Diorskin Nude Foundation. Very beautiful finish with full coverage. I was tempted to bring one home too, but I had to be prudent.

Also tried: products from their Capture Totale line. The three big standouts were the Multi-Perfection Creme, Multi-Perfection Eye Treatment and Multi-Perfection Concentrated Serum. These products are non-comedogenic; and they felt soothing and hydrating, but not heavy. My pores also looked a whole lot better.

Dior beauty is sold at most major department stores and Sephora.

.

1 comment:

  1. Bimat 0.03% Eye Drop is a medicine used to reduce pressure in the eyes in adults with glaucoma and high pressure in the eye. If the pressure in your eye is too high it can damage your sight.The store is used to sell the best medicines at affordable prices.

    ReplyDelete