Saturday, April 25, 2009

New "B" FF? Nope, just another corny joke before my review

Hilarious? No? Forgive me, I really need more sleep. If I was thinking up the name of my blog today, it would be “i feel sleepy.” I slept in as much as I could this morning; but I will be spending this Saturday night going to bed early. But before Saturday night comes Saturday day. Today I am going to the fun, fabulous Trend Show at Nordstrom (see earlier post). And even though I’m all drowsy and squinty-eyed, my hair looks freaking fabulous!

To round out my Earth Week beauty sampling; I tried out 3 products (shampoo, conditioner and body creme) from Philip B® Botanical Products International.

Last Fall, the company announced that they were Going Green: We never stop trying to make our botanical products even better — without changing the things that our customers love about them. So the entire Philip B® line is now environmentally friendly, with new paraben-, phthalate- and petrochemical-free formulations. Even better, we’ve slashed the carbon footprint for the journey of our products — from manufacturing to distribution– to the absolute minimum.

Way to go, Philip B®!

I tried 2 hair products: Scent of Santa Fe Balancing Shampoo and White Truffle Nourishing & Conditioning Creme

Shampoo Blurb: Soothe, nourish, and cleanse hair and body with PHILIP B® Scent of Santa Fe Balancing Shampoo, an herbaceous blend of Shea Butter and Panthenol (Vitamin B5) infused with 10% pure plant extracts of Piñon, Sage and Juniper Berry. The spiritually-enriching scent of the formula is evocative of the Sangrê de Cristo Mountains of Santa Fe. PHILIP B® Scent of Santa Fe Balancing Shampoo is a gentle, daily shampoo that is exceptionally wonderful for normalizing an oily scalp or soothing a dry scalp, in addition to silkening, softening, and conditioning your hair. Scent of Santa Fe Balancing Shampoo may be used from head-to-toe as an anti-bacterial wash. Safe for color-treated hair.

Conditioning Creme blurb: Restores intense moisture and repair without weighing down your hair! It is the solution whether your hair is parched, dry, or color and chemically treated and in need of deep conditioning. Made from pure, revitalizing botanicals combined with strengthening amino acids and soothing Vitamin E, Philip B® White Truffle Nourishing & Conditioning Creme will give your tresses silky, shiny, body and bounce with a youthful, radiant feeling!

Okay, the blurbs are a little wordy and dramatic. But, you know what? My hair is happy. Happy, shiny, clean, soft and pretty. And bouncy. I am dragging my butt around this morning; but my hair is bouncing around like you wouldn’t believe. And my dry, color-treated curls are all, "What frizz? I don’t see any frizz. What flyaways?"

The shampoo has a fresh, green scent (and extremely green color). No lather, but it got all the white stage makeup out of my hair without stripping or drying. And the conditioner – A++. My hair feels silky and soft! The big, good surprise was that when my hair dried, instead of flyaways, there was extra bounce and shine. Woo hoo!

Next item: A few nights ago, I also started using their Chocolate Milk Body Creme.

Blurb: We’ve had such an overwhelming response to our Chocolate Milk Body Wash & Bubble Bath that we felt compelled to make the decadent, full-sensory experience last all day. A rich, happy smell – our blend of the finest Chocolate and Vanilla Extracts made deliberately subtle and sophisticated in a crème – is backed by potent botanical hydrators like Cocoa Butter, Aloe and healing Milk Proteins. Great for kids, even better for your inner child.

Well, I can tell you that my inner child was pretty darn happy to walk around smelling like chocolate milk! Chocolate milk, people! The scent lasted until the next morning. I suspect if you put this on in the morning, it would last most of the day. Oh yeah, it made my skin soft too (which thrilled my inner-grownup).

Nuff said. Off to the trend show!
.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your article about hair care for it is my passion as well. You might be interested to join my Hair Spa | Styling Party. I'll be pleased to share techniques in massage, masking and moisturizing to get your hair to where you want it to be. I bet you'll gonna enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete