Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Avon calling! (review)

I have recently been trying out a bunch of new skincare products from Avon. I wish I'd received them from an Avon representative knocking at my door (but they came in the mail).

I vaguely remember the "Avon Lady" visiting my mom. How awesome is that? A nice person rings your doorbell and THEN they come in and show you beauty products in the comfort of your own home. Wow.

Actually, there are still Avon representatives. And what with today's newfangled technology, you can also shop from the comfort of your home by going online. I poked around on the website and discovered that this is definitely not my mother's Avon. It's really worth checking out. They have a huge range of products and lines. I even took a fun skincare questionnaire.

The two products I'm reviewing today are from their ANEW REJUVENATE skincare line: Day Revitalizing Cream (SPF 25) and Night Revitalizing Cream.
Night Cream blurb: PM Lightweight gel-cream works while you sleep, so you awaken to skin that looks fresher and more vibrant.

Day Cream blurb: Like Rejuvenate Night Revitalizing Cream, this lightweight day cream with a patented sun-protection system is uniquely engineered with a breakthrough fusion of pioneering technologies designed to replicate the steps of a professional anti-aging facial.

The night cream really surprised me. It felt very rich and creamy but absorbed really quickly into my skin (both face and neck). My skin felt hydrated, but not goopy. In the morning, my skin felt balanced and calm. What I really like is that it did its job and looked good. After putting it on, my skin looked dewy and fresh. You know, girls, there might be times in life when a person wants to take care of her skin and still look good before bed time…I'm just saying.

The day cream gets high marks too. It also absorbed quickly and had great finish (not too shiny, not too matte). And it was excellent under my makeup. In the afternoon my skin still felt hydrated, but not oily. Extra bonus points because it has an SPF of 25.

I will be trying out some other Avon items I received and writing about them later. For now, let's take a trip back in time by following this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74aDOHL9S6g
.

No comments:

Post a Comment