Thursday, April 23, 2009

More Earth Week Buzz: Burt's Bees

Get it? Bees? Buzz?


Oh, me…I am cracking myself up here. Is it Earth Week or Hilarity Week? (Okay. Sorry. It’s Earth Week. I’ll stop now.)

One of the more consistently stellar companies in the eco-friendly world is Burt's Bees. They are earth-friendly, wallet-friendly, and super skin-friendly.

Here is some of what they have to say about their company's values: At Burt’s Bees, our goal is to help create a world where people have the information and tools they need to make the highest ethical choices and do the best for themselves, their families and the environment. That’s no short order, but it is attainable. We’ve started with a strong and on-going commitment to a set of values and activities that support the well-being of people and our planet. We call it The Greater Good.

They even have a "Greater Good Business Model" on their website. And just to be a little more helpful and awesome; they have placed a "guide to reading your labels" in several magazines as well as on their website here. In addition to their products, their website is full of great stuff. Some more things you can learn about: The Natural Standard for Personal Care Products, Community Initiatives and their Event Calendar.

But what about their stuff? Well, folks, it's good stuff. Real good. Made with good things. Natural products, free of petrochemicals and potentially harmful synthetic ingredients. Thoughtful, eco-friendly packaging. And of course no paraben would dream of setting foot anywhere near a Burt's Bees package!

I recently got a chance to try out two items from their "Radiance" line. Good thing, because this week I am definitely in need of some radiance. I loved them both.

Here's a blurb about the line: These natural skin care and lip formulas contain nature's most nourishing substance, Royal Jelly, to boost your skins natural glow. Very nourishing, royal jelly is made of nectar, pollen, flower parts, vitamins, minerals, and other natural ingredients. It is a very precious, mysterious substance that honeybees produce for the queen bee.

The first item I tried was the Radiance Exfoliating Body Bar.


Blurb: This natural soap is specially blended with royal jelly, one of nature’s most nutritious substances, to enhance skin’s radiance and overall tone. Jojoba beads and fruit acids gently exfoliate to smooth and even skin tone for a naturally healthy, radiant glow.

I expected to like this, but instead I loved it! It had a nice, rich lather, a very light, natural scent and a soothing feel. I was thrilled at how well it cleaned my face and how balanced my skin felt afterwards. I also used it as a body soap with my Salux towel and my skin was extra baby smooth. It isn't a "scrub" soap, so I also tried it as a shaving lather and it was fabulous!

Wonderful Item #2 was the Radiance Serum
Blurb: Get a more radiant complexion in just 4 weeks! This clinically tested serum combines royal jelly, licorice root extract and glycerin to bring out skin’s natural radiance. These ingredients increase moisturization by 15% in only 2 weeks, while nourishing skin with 134 nutrients including vitamins A, C, D and K, minerals and 17 amino acids. In 4 weeks, you’ll notice your skin becoming more even toned. The result is more radiant beautiful looking skin, naturally.

I know it says to wait 4 weeks; but I wanted to write about it during Earth Week. And even though it hasn't been 4 weeks yet, I am already liking the results. I have been using it at night after cleansing, and in the morning, my skin is soft, smooth, calm and balanced. I think I may even be getting less blotchy as the days go by. That's about as close to "radiant" as I could possibly hope for before 10:00am. I can't wait to see what 4 whole weeks will bring, but for now I am giving it a "glowing" review. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Burt's Bees also has a Radiance Kit, which has a sampling of some of the other products. I am so impressed with what I tried, I may check out some of their Naturally Ageless products later on.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment