Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Springtime at my Fingertips (review)

So it's Spring. Really. It is. Even though the temperature in Philly was in the thirties when I woke up (with wind chill). Even though I am wearing my big coat and scarf. And a sweater.

I know that it's Spring mainly because it says so on my calendar. But the real proof is on my ten, cute, turquoise fingernails.

I can be kind of a nail polish snob. I generally stay away from unknown brands because I hate it when the color looks great in the bottle and is completely different on my nails. Or when the formula is gloppy, takes forever to dry or starts chipping the next day. So I usually stick with a few tried and true brands. But a while back I walked into Sephora and saw a big poster of a model wearing the precise shade of turquoise (or aqua) I had been looking for. When I asked someone to help me find the color in the picture, she walked over to the Sephora Brand section and handed me a bottle of Sephora Laquer Nail Polish in "Curacoa."

Company blurb: Featuring the same wide assortment of shades you've come to expect from Sephora Nail Polish, these lacquers drench your nails in rich, high shine color. Each long-lasting shade is packaged in travel-ready bottles, so you can tote several of your favorite shades for quick changes on the go.

What? Not OPI? I was skeptical, but I bought it anyway because the shade was exactly what I had been looking for. And now I'm glad I did. What a big, good surprise - the formula is great! The color in the bottle is the color that I get on my nails. It goes on smoothly, covers really well and dries in a reasonable amount of time. The color is rich, glossy and very chip resistant. With my Sally Hansen Salon Double Life Base & Top Coat my polish stayed chip-free for over a week!

And the colors! Lots of cute, trendy colors that come in little portable bottles ($5 each). I've also tried "Raisin"

and I'm saving room on my toes for "Passion."


Today, though, I am satisfied with my "Curacoa" fingernails. I can hold up my hand and swear through my chattering teeth that it's Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment