Thursday, December 9, 2010

Bringing Sexy Back…to Thursday: NARS Lip Gloss in “Bougainville” (review)

This particular Thursday I'm hungry for something a little vampier than my usual 9-5. So it’s a perfect day for something sexy and yummy. From NARS.

Lip Gloss in “Bougainville” (limited edition)

Blurb: Reminiscent of its origin, this sensual pomegranate lip gloss infuses lips with dramatic, diva-esque color. Deep in pigment yet sheer on the lips.

I love NARS glosses. They feel good, look amazing, and have excellent staying power. I had a really difficult time choosing a gloss from this collection. The other gloss ("Downtown") was also pretty stellar in its own way. But I eventually settled on “Bougainville” because it just looked so darn delicious. (Oh, and sexy.)

The shade is actually deeper than it appears in the photo. It’s the color of pomegranate seeds, and it makes my lips look shiny and juicy. It’s wearable enough for day; and it’s also got enough pizzazz for evening. And this color really is an instant pick-me-up (no, not that kind).

The website has the entire Holiday 2010 Collection. It’s thoroughly gorgeous and worth a good long look. There’s also a whole slew of gift ideas on the Holiday Glow page (and you can get free shipping on orders of $25 or more as well as complimentary shipping on any gift). NARS is also available at Sephora, beauty.com, and department stores like bloomingdales and Saks.

(ftc disclosure: purchased myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment