Monday, August 9, 2010

In Need of More Soothing: Liz Earle Sun Shade Botanical Aftersun Gel (review)

Eeek! It’s already after 9:00pm, and I’m just now writing my review!

I had an amazing, fantastic, wondermous weekend…and then today was a frazzle-fest. So instead of my original plan, I’m going to write about something soooothing. From Liz Earle.

Sun Shade Botanical Aftersun Gel

Blurb: Cooling, soothing and skin softening, this calming gel has a base of organic aloe to help revitalize skin after sun exposure. Divinely uplifting fragrance of premium high altitude lavender. Contains skin cooling ingredients including organic aloe vera and cucumber. Natural source vitamin E for valuable protection from the environment.

I avoid the sun, so I haven’t had a sunburn (or even much of a tan) in over 10 years. But it just so happens I have a sun-worshipping friend who routinely ignores my “helpful” (aka annoying and intrusive) suggestions about sunscreen and the avoidance of sun bathing.

During an especially hot and sunny weekend, my friend's shoulders and chest got a little pink; so instead of saying “I told you so;” I extended my lily-white hand in friendship, and asked her to try out this product.

She absolutely loved it! She said it was cooling, soothing and smelled wonderful. It made her skin feel soft (without any heaviness or greasiness). And I have to admit, her previously exposed skin looked very supple and hydrated all evening. Now don’t go thinking this is some kind of crazy “license to tan;” but if your skin gets a little too much solar exposure, having this at your disposal will make everything a whole lot better.

I also tried it out on my own arms and legs and loved the way it felt. The light lavender fragrance is gorgeous, and the gel has an immediate refreshing cooling sensation (but no tightness). It felt lovely at the end of the day. This would be an excellent treat any time the elements (dry heat, wind, salt water, chlorine, etc.) stress your skin.

For more info, check out the website. In addition to the amazing selection of products, there's a helpful kits and gifts section. (And don’t forget to check out the Summer offer.)
.
(ftc disclosure: sample/product received from manufacturer or representative)

No comments:

Post a Comment