Thursday, August 12, 2010

Your Thursday Face: Lorac Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizing Powder (review)

My Thursday face is feeling just great today! Last night I got a huge treat. A friend of mine who likes to play amateur scientist invited me over to be his test subject (yay!). All I had to do was set my busy thoughts aside, eat stuff, drink stuff, then sit back and let him try out his various concoctions on me. He comes up with tons of great ideas for skincare and bodycare, then makes everything himself (using all natural ingredients). My two favorites were a face cream, and an awesome(!) warming solution. There was also a cool hand treatment. (I wish I could get recipes to share; but they're not for public consumption.)

Since I'm all hydrated and moisturized now; I'm going to talk about something pretty that goes on after the skincare. Today's Thursday facial item is from Lorac.

Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizing Powder

Blurb: Instantly puts your face in its best light, giving your skin a luminous Red Carpet glow! This oil-free, velvety powder brightens and evens out your skin tone, helping it appear naturally radiant. Optimizing the effect of light, this unique luminizing powder helps diminish the appearance of imperfections for a youthful, luminous, glowing complexion.

I snapped one up last week when Sephora was offering it as a Sweet Deal ($9 instead of the usual $32…sweet). Had it not been for the special offer, I may have overlooked it. Luckily I bought one, and I am glad – I love it!

It's a very fine, light-weight powder that feels almost creamy on my skin (no worries, though, it's oil free). I really loved the texture. It goes on as lightly and evenly as if it were a liquid. And the effect is lovely. The finish is glowy and shimmery (without looking overdone or glittery). I especially like it on the tops of my cheekbones; and it's great for highlighting eyes, brow, and cupid's bow. It's wonderful for daytime – especially for days when you want to skip the foundation. And of course it's perfect for glamming up an evening look.

The shade offered during the "deal" was just right for me ("Spotlight"); but there are two other shades available as well ("Luminous" and "Radiant"). As always, I'm pointing you towards the website to have a look. While you're there, check out Carol Shaw's red carpet tips, and sign up for the VIP list to take advantage of discounts and special offers. You can also shop Lorac at QVC and Sephora.
.
(ftc disclosure: purchased myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment