Friday, January 8, 2010

Winter Hotness: Victoria's Secret Daily Glow Moisturizer and Lip Gloss

One of my New Year's "ideas" (I don't make resolutions) was to do something a little more different a little more often. Nothing big, just the occasional detour from the usual to enrich my perspective. Another "idea" I had was to make some kind of order out of the landslide of beauty and skincare products that is threatening to take over my apartment. This includes trying out some of the items that I already have before bringing in new ones. Today we are combining two "ideas" with the help of Victoria's Secret.

Daily Glow Moisturizer (on SALE!)

Blurb: Drink in a sexy touch of sun, every day. Long-lasting formula combines the benefits of moisturizer with a hint of self-tanning formula to subtly draw out your skin's color and give it a natural, sun-kissed glow. With anti-aging ingredients to keep skin looking young. Essential Ingredients: Aloe butter and silk protein nourish and hydrate, antioxidant vitamins A, C and E provide protection, pearl extract helps maintain healthy, young-looking skin. Apply each day to clean skin to build a healthy glow.

Lip Gloss (in "Lover")

Blurb: VS Makeup evolves our popular Very Sexy® Makeup line to create one comprehensive, on-trend collection of perfect shades and textures for lips, eyes and face. Find gloss perfection. Lasting shine and rich color in a variety of alluring finishes. Wear alone for pure gloss or layer over lipstick. Fluid lip gloss with a high shine finish.

I picked these two items for a few reasons. Number one is that I just plain love the whole VS vibe. Somehow any product from them just feels extra hot and sexy. Maybe it's all the cute lingerie you have to walk through to get to the beauty section. I also chose two items that would add a little sizzle to the dead of winter.

The moisturizer is a great value (especially now that it's on sale). It works well as both a moisturizer and a gradual self-tanner. It goes on easily and evenly and absorbs very quickly. I have extremely pale skin; and I got a nice gradual bit of color that looked golden (not orange).

Add to my new "tan" a pretty lipgloss. "Lover" is a shimmery brown/beige that gives a nice tawny glamorous shine. It has pretty good staying power without being gooey or sticky, and it also keeps lips soft and pretty.

It's always worth paying a visit to the VS website. Ditto for the actual stores. And right now their Semi annual sale is going on. They don't carry bras in my size, but I swear they have the best measurers anywhere. I go in there to shop for gifts, and I usually make sure to get measured when I'm there. I may treat myself to a little visit this weekend. This week has been a long one, and a little extra girliness might be just the thing.

Happy, happy Friday!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment