Monday, January 18, 2010

Start the Week Sexy: Cosmoholic Liquid Lipstick (review)

Hey I'm back (sort of)! Still a little brain dead, still behind on the laundry, and still looking for my groove; but essentially back to the usual. I still have a bunch of gorgeous products sitting on my desk with post-it notes stuck to them just waiting to appear on this blog. I thought about featuring one of them, but all the little yellow things looked a bit overwhelming. So I decided to just try one of the new things that didn't have any post-it notes attached yet. Enter Cosmoholic Cosmetics.

Special Valentine’s Day Gift Set:
(Rockstar Red & Prudish Pink in a special red gift box)

Blurb: Cosmoholic contains a nourishing “repair kit” for your lips (crafted by a chemist; a nerdy one!) that feeds the skin, forming a barrier to keep nasty irritants out, so your lips don’t look older than the rest of your beautiful face! Cosmoholic isn’t sticky. Period. Cosmoholic gives you tons of shine and no shimmer! (Except for Gold Digger - this special Cosmoholic color takes you from day to night with just a little shim-shim!) Cosmoholic doesn’t contain fragrances (those are for perfume!), but vanilla flavors and macademia nut oil for moisturizing. It also has vitamin E (nature’s miracle vitamin), vitamin C, and antioxidants. Cosmoholic comes in 7 highly pigmented shades - colors like Prudish Pink (are you a prude?) and Rockstar Red (or are you a rockstar?) - so you can have a little bit of personality in your pocket or purse.

One word: Sexy.

Really? You want more words? Fair enough.

Even though I was over-reacting to just about everything last week, I still found a bit of time to try out these glosses. It's not such a big surprise that I've tried out an awful lot of lip glosses in my day. But the bigger surprise is that these actually managed to stand out and wow me. The two colors I tried are lovely. "Prudish Pink" is a super soft, neutral pink and "Rockstar Red" is a yummy cherry.

These come in an adorable little red gift box, and the two colors are wonderful; but it's the formula that really…ahem…shone. The finish is highly pigmented, yet still sheer. No shimmer, just a soft, wet, see-through shine that is drop dead sexy. "Prudish Pink" made my lips all soft and kitten-ey, and "Rockstar Red" (favorite) made my lips look like two moist, plump maraschinos. The glosses wore well, and my lips felt soft.

To learn more about Cosmoholic, check out the super cute website. Read things like Behind the LipGloss, and make sure to check out the list of stores where Cosmoholic is available.

And just in case you're still having a bit of trouble finding your Monday groove, here's a bit of pre-80's pep from Elvis Costello and the Atrractions:




No comments:

Post a Comment