Friday, January 22, 2010

Splendid Restraint: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Balance Moisturizing Conditioner (review)

Yikes! I finally got up the nerve to balance my budget this week. I used all the craziness from the first weeks of 2010 as an excuse to procrastinate, but I finally ran out of reasons to wait. I finished last night and now I know where I stand for the year. It's not horrible, but let's just say that I won't be buying any vacation homes in the near future.

One of the things I also do is take a look at how I spent my money last year. Guess who went a little overboard on the beauty and skincare products? Did you guess? Quite frankly I'm just a little chagrined. Not chagrined enough to stop buying things (I said chagrined, not crazy); but a little more discipline wouldn't be such a bad idea. And anyway, a bit of restraint can be good for the soul.

So in the spirit of self-indulgent moderation, today's featured beauty item is from one of the fine examples of quality and value: Trader Joe's.

Nourish Spa Balance Moisturizing Conditioner

Blurb: Enriched with Organic Botanicals. Balanced Hair Remoisturizer Ideal for Replenishing Dry, Brittle Hair. Adds Moisture and Manageability. Cruelty Free (Never Tested on Animals) - No Animal Products in Ingredients. Does Not Contain Harmful Laurel/Laureth Sulfates, Found in Most Personal Care Product Shampoos, Gels, Conditioners and Body Washes.

Kind of a modest (er…restrained) blurb, don't you think? And the price? Modest!!! It's about 2.99 in the store in my neighborhood. You heard me…$2.99 (oh, plus tax). So what do you get? Soft hair. Soft, soft, soft hair. The conditioner smells lovely, feels light, detangles and doesn't build up. It's also great for color-treated hair, as well as being natural and cruelty free. Rock on, TJ's!

Trader Joe's has a fabulous selection of bath, beauty and skincare items at ridiculously reasonable prices. I usually get my basics there too (jojoba oil, tea tree oil, etc.) Plus, you can get your high quality, high value groceries there while you're at it! It's all good (in a moderate restrained way, of course).

(P.S.: You can also get this conditioner through the Amazon Markeplace, but it's about 6 bucks.)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment