Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Has Sprung! Dior Crayon Eyeliner Pencil (review)

Spring has arrived, and mother nature is throwing a little bit of a tantrum today (rain, cold, and even some snow for my friends in Northeast PA). But I will not be diverted! I’m welcoming in Spring with a pretty (and portable) bit of green. From Dior.

Crayon Eyeliner Pencil with Blending Tip (in “Precious Green”)


Blurb: Dior makes precision contouring easy with this ingenious, all-in-one eyeliner. Advanced matte coverage formula provides maximum comfort and ease of application. Beauty tip: Draw a fine line along lashes for a natural look. To create the perfect doe eyes, accent the outside corners. Use the foam tip to blend and soften liner or create a base to give eye-shadow extra staying power.

I bought this pencil specifically because of the color. I’ve been hearing about Dior pencils forever, and I’ve been looking for this shade of dark green in a portable pencil (I already have this shade in a cream/gel, but that’s another review).

What I absolutely love about this pencil is the deep, hunter green. I have brown eyes, and wear green a lot; and I’ve been wanting a dark green liner in portable form. This really fits the bill. It has a liner, blender/smudger tip, and comes with a sharpener. Very convenient. The pencil is soft (no tugging or pulling); and the formula smudges/blends beautifully.

I should let you know that this is not a long-wearing formula. But for my purposes, it's fine. I was looking for versatility and portability in a very specific shade. What I also love is that in a pinch, I can use it for contouring, and even rub some on lightly with my finger for a shadow.

Check out the super chic website (browse the must-have's, and be sure to discover Dior Addict). Dior is also available at fine department stores and Sephora.

And…as threatened, I dug up a few of entertaining mid-century instructional videos for this week. Check out how Don and Sue manage to keep looking swell!




(ftc disclosure: purchased myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment