Monday, March 7, 2011

Retro Movie Monday: MAC Lip Pencil (review)

Here’s what happens when I can’t justify buying another lipstick. I buy a lip pencil. Because I care. About…I don’t know…um…diversity. Yeah, that’s right…diversity.

Seriously. I realized that lip pencils have gotten short shrift on my blog, so I decided to try one out. From MAC.

Lip Pencil (in Nightmoth)

Blurb: A pencil designed for shaping, lining or filling in the lip. Lip Pencils have a smooth, creamy texture that is perfect for lining the lips or filling them in. They are long-lasting and available in a wide selection of colours that each work well with many different lipstick shades.

I found out why I should give lip pencils more attention. And I was reminded (again) that I should definitely give MAC more attention. I love this pencil. “Nightmoth” is a deep, dark burgundy (very glamorous). The pencil is highly pigmented, excellent quality, and sharpens to a tiny super precise point.

What really makes these pencils awesome is their versatility. I tried mine as a lip liner and it did a great job (no surprise there). I also completely filled in my lip and got a perfectly precise dramatic, matte finish that stayed put forever. When I wanted something a little more glam, I added a bit of gloss; and when I wanted something softer, I smudged the color over my lips with a finger to get a berry-stained look.

I even used it to line my eyes once. It’s not approved for that, so don’t follow my terrible example...but it looked really awesome. Just saying.

The website is fun to visit. I spent a whole lot of time looking at the Artist in action videos.

And speaking of videos…

During my weekend of serious down time, I watched a lot of movies. Serious “cinema,” as well as seriously cheesy movies. I decided to share the cheesiness, and post a few retro trailers this week. Enjoy (and yes, that is Cher singing the theme song).



(ftc disclosure: purchased myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment