Friday, March 4, 2011

Hair Care Friday: Alberto VO5 Perfect Hold Hairsprays, Styling Mousse and Styling Gel (review)

Happy Friday, everyone! I’m in a big rush to do absolutely nothing this weekend. I’m spending as much time as possible being a lazy hermit. But before I disappear, I’ll ring in the weekend with great hair care value from Alberto VO5.

Perfect Hold Aerosol Hairspray

Blurb: This lightweight aerosol hairspray is formulated with a select blend of polymers to provide strong hold while still leaving hair feeling healthy

Perfect Hold Non-Aerosol Hairspray

Blurb: This non-aerosol hair spray has a multi-polymer system known for benchmark levels of humidity resistance, providing strong hold while leaving hair feeling soft.

Perfect Hold Styling Mousse

Blurb: This mousse prevents frizz and holds curl in place with its unique multi-polymer system, while giving hair the bounce and shine it deserves.

Perfect Hold Styling Gel

Blurb: This gel is formulated from a base designed for simplicity to provide great styling hold without stiffness, even in humidity.

I was really happy to try all four of these products. The hairsprays got a great work out during our very windy days of early March, and I was impressed that my hair stayed put.

My two favorites from this line, though, were the Styling Gel and Styling Mousse. The mousse gave nice definition to my curls, added shine, and kept the frizz away. I got a really pretty low-maintenance look with the gel. I rubbed a bit between my hands, rubbed it through my hair and did a bit of scrunching while it dried. It was a very easy, pretty tousled look. And now that my hair is so much longer, I plan to do this a lot during the spring and summer.

Check out the website and browse the multitude of products. There’s also a Q&A section. VO5 products are available at grocery stores, drugstores, club retailers, and online at drugstore.com.

And…I couldn’t resist posting this too. I remember seeing VO5 commercials on TV when I was a kid, so I searched youtube for a vintage ad. Enjoy!



(ftc disclosure: sample/product received from manufacturer or representative)

No comments:

Post a Comment