Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Nekkid (Almost): Urban Decay Pocket Rocket Lip Gloss (review)

To an outsider, it would seem that I'm incapable of passing an Urban Decay display without trying and/or buying something. That outsider would be mostly right. The only times I don't end up with a sample or purchase are when I'm running really late (happens frequently) or wild dogs are nipping at my heels (hardly ever happens). It just so happens that neither of those things were going on the last time I was at a UD counter. Which means I came home with…

Pocket Rocket Lip Gloss (Doug)

Blurb: Undress our men with the flick of your wrist! Inside the cap of our custom tube is a photo of a yummy man. Tilt the tube back-and-forth to strip them to their undies! (We've even included front and rear photos.) Whether you swoon for a future senator or a tree-hugger, one of our men is sure to please you. Our guys make awesome gifts for bachelorette parties, baby showers, or b-days.

And the gloss? This formula is so slick and cushiony, you would love it even in a plain ol’ tube. Each shade varies in opacity and finish, but all have a sweet crème brûlée flavor. The formula contains Hyaluronic Spheres, known to improve cellular function, prevent dehydration, and fill in lines and wrinkles. The brush applicator is ideal for blending.

Doug: Who doesn't love this guy? Doug is cool. He has a closet full of clothes, a hard drive full of music, and loves making out on the street. Undress him to see why he's always smiling.


Because I'm a beauty addict, anything new, different or shiny is eventually going to grab my attention. These aren't new; but they are different (and shiny) - and they feature hot guys in their underwear. It was only a matter of time. It seems silly that I even have to say I love these (but it must be said). The packaging is awesome - not just the guy/underwear part; but the slim tube is great for my bag (cover up the picture, though, if you're out to lunch with mom…or another guy). And the gloss formula is excellent UD quality. "Doug" is a gorgeous, sexy shimmery pink (great color for Valentine's Day). The gloss is pretty, shiny, cushiony, moisturizing and very long lasting.

There are 8 colors (guys) in all. I kind of have my eye on "Jesse" right now (don't tell Doug). Check 'em all out on the website. You may also want to take advantage of the Deal of the month (free Sin Primer Potion sample on orders over $35) or check out the Spring 2010 looks. You can also find Urban Decay at Sephora, Ulta, and beauty.com.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment