Friday, February 19, 2010

Cover Up? Gasp! COVERGIRL & Olay Simply Ageless Concealer and Corrector (review)

For the last few days, I've been having a very enthusiastic email conversation about truth and honesty. I like to think I'm a pretty open person. I like to think that; but I'm not always sure if I actually manage to live up to my ideals. I deeply value honesty and open communication; but sometimes I fall short of the mark by taking the easy way out with a white lie, or something less than full disclosure.

Now I certainly don't think it's always appropriate to be 100% honest and open. There are plenty of things that should be kept to myself only...but there are also times when I place someone else's opinion above being truthful and authentic. Lately, when I've been catching myself at this, I try to remedy the situation by coming clean. Guess what…it's way more embarrassing to "fess up" than it is to tell the truth in the first place.

In the case of beauty, however, I think artifice is 100% perfectly absolutely fine. Actually, it's one of the coolest things about it! Bringing out my best features and downplaying (okay, hiding) the ones I'm not so fond of is a-ok in my book. That said; let's mosey on over to our two products from Cover Girl & Olay designed to help with the "refashioning of perception."


Simply Agless Concealer

Blurb: This creamy formula covers imperfections, conceals under-eye circles and visibly brightens skin. Like all Simply Ageless makeup, it's made with advanced Olay Regenerist Serum, and it stays suspended over fine lines and wrinkles, for younger, firmer-looking skin.

Simply Agless Corrector

Blurb: Dark circles can make you appear older. Simply Ageless Corrector with advanced Olay Regenerist Serum contains specially blended pigments that can cover even extreme dark circles. Use it together with Simply Ageless Concealer to make under-eye circles virtually disappear, for a younger look.

Last August, I posted a glowing (heh heh) review of a blush from this collection; so I was pretty excited to check out these two items. Happily, I was also impressed by how well both products worked. I used the Concealer under my foundation and got great coverage. Right now I have a little scratch in the corner of my eyelid. It's healing, but it still shows. The Concealer completely hid the scratch and sat well under my foundation. The Corrector was also excellent. It did a fabulous job of hiding the "I woke up in the middle of the night worrying about a bunch of stupid stuff" dark circles. Both items had a nice smooth formula, and both also contain Olay Regenerist Serum for an extra skincare boost.

Check out the whole Simply Ageless Collection on the CG website. You might also want to visit Facebook and enter the Lashes + Fashion Photo Contest. Cover Girl is found at places like Ulta, Walgreens, CVS, duane reade, etc. and on sites like drugstore.com.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment