This also came my way before Valentine’s Day; but there’s always time for gorgeous looks…
Tips & Tricks from the experts at blow NY
Whether celebrating with your special someone or your sassy single girlfriends, choose a hairstyle that would make even cupid fall in love with you! With these quick tips from the experts at blow, the new york blow dry bar your hair will look irresistible all night long.
Sexy Bedhead: Change up your picture-perfect look and let your inner vixen out for the night with sexy, effortless hair.
1. Starting with dry hair, work in blowPro Faux Dry at the crown to remove any oil and to add texture.
2. Use a 1½-inch curling iron to create curls. Don’t use the clamp, rather wrap hair around the full barrel.
3. Evenly apply blowPro Blow Out Spray all over. Flip hair over and rake your fingers through the curls to break them up.
4. Spritz blowPro Beach Blow into the palms of your hands and scrunch into hair for a tousled look.
Sleek and Straight: If you always wear your hair naturally curly then surprise him with a chic, modern look.
1. Work in a nickel-sized dollop of blowPro Straight to the Point and a dime-sized drop of blowPro Weather Girl into damp hair before blow drying.
2. Using duck bill clips divide hair into 4-6 sections.
3. Blow dry each section using a paddle brush. The more tension you use, the straighter your hair will be.
4. Simultaneously run a fine-toothed comb and flat iron through hair for a smooth, straight finish.
Fun and Sweet Up-Do: Keep the night laid back with a playful up-do.
1. Section off a triangular area of hair at the crown. Using a fine-toothed comb gently tease hair at the back of this section. Draw the front section of hair over the “cushion” you created and gently secure with two small bobby pins by creating an “X” on the top mid/back part of your head. Be careful you don’t flatten the volume you created.
2. Use a 1½-inch curling iron to curl the rest of the hair.
3. Gather hair into a loose bun at the nape of the neck and finish with blowPro Blow Out Spray for touchable hold.
4. ** Running late? Skip Step 2 and work in blowPro Beach Blow to accentuate your hair’s natural texture before creating the bun.
Glamorous Blow Out: Not sure what your plans are? A gorgeous blow out will complete any look.
1. Apply blowPro Ready Set Blow to clean, towel-dried hair. Section hair into 5 sections using duck bill clips.
2. Dry each section with a large round boar bristle brush. On the final pass for each section switch the hair dryer to the cool setting to set and minimize frizz and fly-aways.
3. Roll each section back up and secure with clips. Apply blowPro Blow Out Spray to keep the look voluminous all day long.
4. Remove pins and tilt head forward and rake fingers through hair to loosen up the sections.
5. Flip hair back and work in a dime-sized amount of blowPro Weather Girl for a smooth finish.
6. ** Rushing home from work? Fake a fabulous blow out by focusing on the top section of hair. Make sure it is fully dry with ample volume and your look will be drop dead gorgeous.
This season the perfect gift is a blow out card at blow, the new york blow dry bar at one of the 2 NYC flagship locations (DOWNTOWN: 342 West 14th Street between 8th and 9th ave or UPTOWN: 843 Lexington at 64th St) www.blowNY.com.