Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Power Week: Lancôme Color Design Lipstick in “Sugared Maple” (review)

Well the snow day (ice day, whatever) did not materialize. What did materialize, though, was an incredibly hectic morning. Today I went to work with…I hope you’re sitting down…NO MAKEUP. That’s right. And I didn’t feel all that pretty either.

Luckily, I keep a stash at my desk; so I remedied the situation as soon as I could. And once I got the pretty back, I decided to blogfully appreciate one of my favorite go-to lipsticks. From Lancôme.

Color Design Sensational Effects Lip Color (in "Sugared Maple")

Blurb: If your lips long for full, fade-free color in tempting textures, and a shade selection that would inspire any makeup artist; the search is over. This luxurious lipstick is infused with soothing ingredients, so lips feel soft and comforted all day. Choose from four fabulous finishes: cream, sheen, shimmer, metallic and matte.

This is one of those fabulous all-purpose, quick fix beauty items that rides to my rescue every time. The formula is excellent. It feels great, keeps my lips soft, and is incredibly long-wearing. When the shine wears off, it leaves a stain behind - so I don’t get the “ghost lip” thing.

And this shade is one of the best go-with-everything-without-being-boring colors I’ve ever owned. It’s a reddish-brown (or maybe it’s a brownish-red) with a hint of sheen. It tends to seem more brown or red depending on what I’m wearing. Some outfits even bring out a few pink tones. It really does match everything. That’s why I keep it at my desk.

Check out the website to browse the other 38 shades. Visit the What's New section, and be sure to peek at the Special Offers section. Lancôme is also available in fine department stores and at Sephora.

Since I left the house sans maquillage (without makeup) today, I’m bringing you a grunge-era 90’s power ballad. So unbutton your flannel shirt, sit back, and think about how incredibly intense everything is.



(ftc disclosure: purchased myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment