Friday, February 11, 2011

Shadowy Thursday: Tarina Tarantino Magic Hour Cream Eyeshadow (review)

Yes, I am thinking shadowy thoughts tonight. Mainly having to do with Valentine’s Day plans (or the current lack of them). My horoscope has warned me to stay in the moment instead of overthinking and overtheorizing about everything; so I’m doing my darnedest not to control and plan everything. But it’s making me more than a little bit cranky.

So instead of a chipper, bright pink kind of item, I’m going in for the deep smoky purple shadowy item. Still passionate…but on the other side of perky. Something from Tarina Tarantino.

Magic Hour Cream Eyeshadow (in “Purple Velvet”)

Blurb: An ultra-pigmented, water-resistant, lightweight formula that works brilliantly as a shadow or liner. This versatile essential features a unique velvet-like texture that glides on evenly and smoothly, leaving an intense wash of rich, long-lasting color. Worn alone, it delivers a beautiful pop of shimmering color. It can be built and layered for customized coverage and makes an excellent base for Eye Dream Hypershadow, helping to intensify color payoff. These products are not tested on animals.

Right now, the “Purple Velvet” is a little bit difficult to find, but I’m so impressed with the formula that I’d recommend getting this in any color that’s available. I’ve become a big fan cream shadows lately. They go on smoothly, can get jostled without cracking, and don’t have any fallout when they’re being applied. They’re also great on the go because you can apply them with your fingertip in a pinch.

I’m also a fan of shadows doubling as liners (which this does beautifully). The shadow glides on evenly, and is slightly sheer. One layer gives a lovely, subtle shadowing, and additional layers yield a very dramatic look (great for day to evening). As a liner, it went on very easily – and I got a very sexy, smudgy line.

Most of the beauty items from Tarantino are available at Sephora, but there are a few special items on the website too. And depending on you feel about Valentine’s day, here’s some extra coolness. Check out the I Love Hearts, I Hate Hearts, and Bleeding Hearts bracelets (I’m not 100% sure which one I want yet – maybe all 3 of them).

I’m letting Little Miss Crankypants pick today’s retro ad. Remember this commercial? Whoa. You think I'm a little moody? No sireee…



(ftc disclosure: purchased myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment