Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday Word of Mouth: PCA Skin Peptide Lip Therapy (review)

My horoscope this week suggested that instead of trying to fix others; I should “fix, refine and recalibrate” my own self. Isn’t that great advice? (Answer: yes, it is.) Did I heed that advice? (Answer: no, I most certainly did not.)

I thought I was doing a pretty good job of “staying in my own yard”…until I found myself apologizing for interrupting and jumping to conclusions (instead of just listening). Then I also remembered how I spent a great deal of my weekend fussing and worrying about whether or not other people were having a good time. Oh yeah…I also gave out a whole lot of advice that no one asked for. Sheesh.

I still have a few days left in the week; but so far I’ve earned a D+ for horoscope.

Luckily, my loved ones love me back (and are hopefully only mildly annoyed with me). And more importantly; I got to spend the weekend having a great time with people I care deeply about. It was an amazing weekend (complete with sparkly, home-made genie costume). And eventually, I’ll learn to think before I speak.

So in honor of me learning to button my lip a little more often; I’m featuring a fine lip product today. From PCA Skin.

Peptide Lip Therapy

Blurb: This scientifically advanced formula helps plump lips while improving overall lip health and appearance. It enhances barrier protection to shield lips from damaging free radicals, helps rebuild the collagen matrix for increased strength and resiliency, and boosts moisture retention and accumulation for maximum hydration. Apply to lips twice daily to protect against environmental damage, improve hydration and dramatically minimize lip lines. With daily use, Peptide Lip Therapy will reduce peeling and promote smoother, fuller lips.

Now that the dry, chilly weather is here, lips get drier a whole lot more easily. I’m a big fan of anything that relieves dryness; and I’m an even bigger fan of something that protects my lips from being tackled in the first place.

This item just won Prevention Magazine's Best Treatment Award for best lip treatment. I’m not surprised at all. It’s wonderful. I used it twice a day, and my lips were noticeably softer after a week. It also feels heavenly, has a nice minty scent, and really kept my lips soothed, smooth and protected. My lipstick also went on more easily, and the peppermint gave a bit of plumping. Awesome!

You can read more about it (and about the award) on the website. You can also check out some of the other Advanced Treatment products. And make sure to visit the awesome Skin Education section. PCA's products and treatments are available through select clinical practices throughout the United States and in 60 countries worldwide. (I also found it at Dermstore and Beauty Bridge.)

(ftc disclosure: sample/product received from manufacturer or representative)

1 comment:

  1. i like this PCA Skin Peptide Lip Therapy it makes my lips soft & improving overall lip health.its good really.

    ReplyDelete