Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mid-Week Manicure: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish Fall 2010 Collection (review)

Today was rough. This morning was frustrating and complicated; and by the end of the day I was pretty wound up. So...out comes the manicure kit.

One of the things I do to relieve stress is polish my nails. Taking the time to remove old polish and carefully apply a new color is very soothing. And waiting for my nails to dry forces me to sit still and relax. And afterwards…pretty hands. Today’s pretty hands are from Sally Hansen.

Complete Salon Manicure

Blurb: All 5 Steps of a Manicure in 1 Bottle. Salon Manicure Made Simple! All 5 Steps of a Salon Manicure in 1 Bottle: Base Coat, Strengthener, Growth Treatment, Color, Top Coat. With Patented Vita-Care Technology for advanced wear, more shine, and nourishing care. 42 Salon-Inspired Shades. Toluene, DBP, and Formaldehyde free. With Vita-Care Technology for advanced wear, more shine, and nourishing care.

This is easily one of the best formulas I’ve come across. It goes on smoothly, is opaque, covers perfectly in 2 coats, and has a hard glossy finish. I followed directions, skipped the base and top coats, and was really impressed at how well it performed. It wore extremely well (no nicks or chips for 3 days, and no serious chipping for 5 days). It came off easily (even the dark colors), and didn’t stain at all. The packaging is also fabulous. The bottle shape fits well in the hand, the brush is excellent, and the rubber band around the cap makes for an easy, non-slip grip. This is superior quality at an unbeatable price.

And the colors in this collection are spectacular! I have 9 of them, and I’m having a blast trying them all out. I wore “Perfect Match” (a deep, sophisticated red) to a weekend getaway, I layered “Golden Ticket” (gold glitter) over “Sequin Scandal” (deep green/black with gold flecks) on Halloween, and I’ve been wearing “Trouble Maker” (a rich, smoky purple) most of the week. Tonight I swiped on “Starry Starry Flight” (an icy silver glitter); and it’s gorgeous, glamorous and super flattering.

Check out the website to browse the other colors, and look at the where to buy section for a listing of grocery stores and drugstores where Sally Hansen is sold.

(ftc disclosure: sample/product received from manufacturer or representative)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! All the colors in the above image are so attractive and very nice. I like to use different different nail paint very much. The colors you have shared in the above picture are really superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are wonderful colors - great for fall. And the glitters make a nice layer effect for holidays (or if I'm just feeling extra flashy).

    ReplyDelete