Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hair Care Friday (on Sunday…ooops): shu shu sleek from Shu Uemura Art of Hair (review)

Ooops. It seems like Hair Care Friday is happening on Sunday this week. (Sorry.) I wish I could blame it on the time change; but that only just happened a few hours ago. Instead of blogging, I spent a lot of time having buckets of girl talk. I also did laundry and we watched post-girl-talk “Talladega Nights.” I am beginning to believe that girl talk and Will Farrell movies are quite possibly the most effective cures for just about anything.

Of course, none of this has anything to do with hair care. What does have to with hair care are the three fabulous items I’ve been trying out. From shu uemura.

shu shu sleek Collection for Coarse and Unruly Hair

Blurb: Debuted in exclusive, high-end salons, this at-home ritual is a collection of smoothing formulas for coarse and unruly hair, enriched with black cumin oil, to replicate the aspect and touch of precious japanese shusu on hair. Provides deep nourishment and disciplines the hair fiber with a fluid touch.

Smoothing Shampoo

Smoothing Conditioner

Smoothing Treatment

This collection is awesome. I love dedicated collections, and this one works extremely well. Both the shampoo and the conditioner are rich and creamy; yet there’s no heaviness or oiliness. Together, they thoroughly cleaned, de-tangled and conditioned. The first time I used them; I let my hair air dry just to see what would happen; and I was very impressed with how well-behaved my curly hair was. It was smooth, soft and there were no fly-aways.

Of course, these products are for taming hair and making it sleek. So the next time, I used the shampoo and conditioner, then finished with the smoothing treatment. I LOVED this Treatment. It has the same richness (and wonderful fragrance) as the other two products; and after I rinsed it out my hair was like silk. When I blew it out, my hair was shiny, smooth and obedient. I also tried it as a leave-in (when I wore my hair back); and it performed fabulously.

You can read more about this collection (and some of the amazing ingredients) on the website. I also suggest visiting the lovely Ceremonies page, and browsing the salon locator.

And just in case you're in need of a boost after your weekend; here’s some silliness from Talladega Nights. (I wanted to post the dinner scene, but it’s a little too much for Sunday morning).

Enjoy today and the week ahead!






(ftc disclosure: sample/product received from manufacturer or representative)

No comments:

Post a Comment