Monday, March 8, 2010

Pre-Spring Fun! Laura Geller Baked Bites (review)

Jumpin Jiminy! I know that Spring is still a couple of weeks away; but I have caught Spring fever in a big way! All I want to do is goof off, eat chocolate and write sensitive poetry. Okay, it doesn't really have to be Spring for me to want to goof off and eat chocolate; but the poetry part is pretty Spring-ey. And I also kind of want to buy a plant.

Since I'm horrible with plants, and this isn't a poetry blog; how about I write a nice review of a cool lip product from Laura Geller? Now doesn't that sound nice?

Baked Bites (in Bronze Berry)

Blurb: Baked Bites presents the first time I've ever brought my Baked category to lips. The first thing you'll notice when you put it on, is the incredibly weightless, yet vibrant color. This unique version of my Baked Powder is paraben- and mineral oil-free and brings a new depth of color and comfort to your lips. Included with the baked lip color is my special Olive Oil Gloss, to slip under or over your lip color. Infused with Olive Oil, Vitamin E and Aloe Vera, this soft drenching of moisture has a sheer, creamy cling. All you feel is the comfort.

I just had to try something new. I just had to! And I'm glad I did, because this is a very fun and unique item. The "baked" lip color is actually a powder. It goes on with a sponge applicator and looks pretty darn cool. It also has pretty good staying power. There are two shades (a bronze and a berry). Along with the baked color is a sheer berry-colored gloss that can go under or over the baked color. I know it sounds a bit complicated, but it's super fun (and extremely versatile). Each component can be worn alone, or combined/layered together. I loved the look of the baked color alone (I found it to be a bit dry in the morning, so I applied the gloss underneath and it felt fine). The colors are versatile too, and the palette is definitely portable and bag ready.

Of course you wouldn't dream of goofing off in the middle of the day. But just in case, you want to see more cool stuff (during your lunch hour of course); take a look at the website and check out the What's New section (shipping is free with orders of $50 or more). Laura Geller products are also found at Sephora, Amazon.com, QVC and Beauty.com.

Happy Almost Spring!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment