Monday, January 31, 2011

Power Week: DHC Deep Cleansing Oil (review)

Happy Monday everyone! I’m in a really good mood. Instead of my usual over-thinking, over-worrying, over-everything tendencies; this weekend, I decided to let go of the controls and trust that things would be as they should. And they were. In the right circumstances, surrendering is a very simple and powerful thing.

Hmmm…I think I hear a tie-in approaching. Maybe two tie-ins (see below).

Here’s another simple and powerful thing. From DHC.

Deep Cleansing Oil

Blurb: Superstar. Try this amazing cleanser and you’ll see why it’s our most popular product worldwide. Dirt, excess oil, makeup—even waterproof mascara—and other pore-cloggers dissolve easily, leaving your face a grime-free zone that is soft to the touch. Its unique water-soluble formula rinses completely, so you’ll never see a greasy residue. Olive oil and vitamin E help ensure you won’t see dryness either.

Love this stuff! I got a few samples of this a while back and decided to try one on an overnight trip. I figured it would be easier than hauling around cleanser and makeup remover for just one night. I gave it a try, and now I’m a huge fan.

I put the oil on my hands, rubbed it all over my dry face, and rinsed. That’s it. And my face was absolutely thoroughly clean. It removed all of my makeup, and rinsed off easily and completely. My face was clean, soft, and not a bit greasy. My hands also felt really nice afterwards. I want to take this everywhere now.

DHC has a fabulous website. And their catalogue usually comes with samples. There’s also a great sale section, and…Fine Foods (I’m not kidding).

Besides the cheesy tie-in above, there’s another reason I labeled today’s post “Power Week.” Last night while I was driving home, I heard a song that fit my mood perfectly. Don’t you just love when that happens? (Answer: of course you do.)

I’m hoping you’ll still love it when you find out the song was from 1984. It’s a serious power ballad, and I’m going to embed it here for your listening pleasure. I also decided to make this a whole week of power ballads. So get out your air guitar, sing along on your hairbrush microphone, and stay tuned…



(ftc disclosure: received sample with purchase)

4 comments:

  1. My absolutely favorite beauty product of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I've been experimenting with the Oil Cleansing Method and have found that my skin has been way cleaner from the oil than it's ever been with store bought cleansers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know - it seems counter-intuitive, but it works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does! I'm trying to turn my best friend on to it but she's scared because her skin's super oily. I keep trying to tell her "like dissolves like" but she won't listen.

    ReplyDelete