Friday, January 7, 2011

Hair Care Friday: TRESemmé Fresh Start (review…and belated thoughts on the new year)

Things are finally getting back to normal (sort of). The New Year got off to a great start, but it was also a very busy start. Despite the chaos, I’m feeling very grateful for all of the changes that the year has brought; and I’m really excited about the year to come. I know there will probably be more changes, and I think they’ll be good ones.

One of the things I concentrated on during 2010 was getting rid of things that no longer suited me or added to my life. I thought a lot about what wasn’t working in my life and releasing things, people, activities, and expectations that were keeping me from moving forward.

I have to say, I did a pretty darn good job of releasing stuff! And I ended up feeling a lot happier, lighter and freer than I have in a long time. I also feel that there’s now room in my life to find out what really will make me happy. So I guess my “focus” for 2011 is to find new things in my life that do work. It's wonderful to have a relatively clean slate again; and I can’t wait to see what kinds of new things come in the months ahead.

Normally, I would have posted these musings (aka meandering thoughts) in a separate post; but since I’m behind schedule, I’m going to double up and include a fine hair care review today as well. And I couldn’t resist the opportunity for the first obvious tie-in of the new year. How about a Fresh Start for your hair? From TRESemmé?

Fresh Start Waterless Foam Shampoo


Blurb: Give curls moisture and shine in-between washes with this unique foam shampoo. Reduces oil and odor without water, leaving hair feeling soft and clean.

Fresh Start Refreshing Mist

Blurb: Add shine and neutralize odor in between shampoos with this unique spray. A quick spritz transforms dull, lifeless hair into shiny, smooth strands.

Fresh Start No Frizz Crème

Blurb: Eliminate frizz and get a smooth style with this lightweight créme. Refreshes hair without buildup so you’ll look perfectly polished even when you don’t shampoo.

I decided to feature these products partly because their name was a perfect fit for this post – but also because they did a great job. I have the kind of hair that needs attention every day. I can’t just wake up, brush it out and go. Luckily, I got to try these items out during a very hectic time, and I was very happy to have them around!

The Waterless Foam Shampoo is genius! It has a light, pleasant (not perfumey) scent and left my hair feeling clean and soft. The Refreshing Mist is probably my favorite product. Not only did it give my hair shine and a bit of curl definition after using the Shampoo; it was also an excellent mid-day refresher. It calmed flyaways and perked up my curls. The No Frizz Crème was also a nice addition to the other two products. The first time I used all three together in the morning, I was amazed at how great my hair looked in such a short time. My hair was girls’ lunch good.

I didn’t get a chance to try out the Dry Shampoo, but I suspect it's also wonderful. These are fine products, and they’re a great value too!

You can see the entire collection the website, as well as check out the Awards and Offers, and Backstage pages. TRESemmé is sold in grocery stores, drug stores and places like Drugstore.com and Sally Beauty.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend, and wonderful year of new beginnings!



(ftc disclosure: sample/product received from manufacturer or representative)

No comments:

Post a Comment