Monday, February 8, 2010

The Color of Monday: Ripe Papaya - Estée Lauder Pure Color Crystal Lipstick (review)

All of us in the Mid-Atlantic region had a whole lot of Winter this weekend. Abundant snow. The cool thing was that I got to do some serious relaxing. I watched TV, read, talked on the phone, crocheted and just generally puttered around. I even got to feel all east coast-ey and dig out my car.

We're supposed to get more snow this week, so I'm taking a short break from Winter and busting out with a little bit of spring color. Don’t' be alarmed…I'm not going full on pastels ahead of time. But since Valentine's Day around the corner and I need a little sparkle, I thought this would be a nice day to enjoy a little pink. So how about some more lovely pink from Estée Lauder?

Pure Color Crystal Lipstick (in Ripe Papaya)

Blurb: Sheer color, super shine. Dazzling crystal effects. Light Up Your Lips. Cool, crystalline, high fashion shades with sheer coverage. Prismatic crystal effects create a dazzling brilliance and dimension. Delicately fragranced with a delectable fresh fig scent. Pure impact. Pure brilliance. Pure thrill. Pure Color.

I know I already reviewed the Love Your Lips Collection, but this lipstick also deserves some serious attention. I love this formula. The finish is sheer and fresh with lots of pretty sparkle. It also has a gorgeous feel - super smooth and mosturizing. It's especially great when the weather is cold and dry. It's also great when I want more than a hint of pretty color, but I'm not in the mood for the full coat of lipstick experience. "Ripe Papaya" is a lovely, versatile pink. It's feminine without being too sweet. It even has a light, pretty scent.

Of course, you can check it out on the website; but if you really want to chase away the winter doldrums, I suggest visiting a nice department store and playing with all the pretty colors there.

Happy Monday!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment