Thursday, November 4, 2010

Your Thursday Face: FACE Stockholm Mineral Powder Foundation with SPF15 (review)

This Thursday night, I’m being Little Miss Multitasker. While testing out one product (stellar so far btw); I’m writing about another one.

And the one I happen to be writing about is from one of my favorite companies: FACE Stockholm.

Mineral Powder Foundation (SPF15)

Blurb: Get your glow on anytime, anywhere with our easy to use, on-the-go, round mirror compact! Our innovative, Mineral Foundation Powder with SPF 15 provides a natural, non-irritating alternative that is hypoallergenic, paraben and fragrance free and includes the added benefits of antioxidant and ultraviolet protection with Dermat Complex to significantly reduce shine. This silky, soft mineral-based foundation glides on effortlessly, to create a healthy, glowing, flawless complexion without any mess. Formulated to minimize the appearance of pores and fine lines while creating a natural matte finish, it does double duty as a translucent powder - or a buildable coverage foundation. The lightweight, breathable powder easily adjusts from polished sheer to rich, more opaque coverage with the use of a brush or sponge. Enhanced with Vitamins A, C & E to condition and Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide for natural, chemical-free sun protection, it is appropriate for all skin types.

I’ve had a beauty crush on this brand ever since I started visiting their store at the Time Warner Center in Manhattan. Just browsing all of the little treats is a lovely pampering experience. And their products are soooooo nice.

This foundation is no exception. I couldn't wait to try it and I was not disappointed. I used it every which way and was thrilled every time. As a translucent finishing powder, it's wonderful. I used a brush and got a lovely, sheer finish that set my makeup perfectly.

I also tried it as a foundation and loved the results. I got great coverage with a sponge...and even better application and coverage with a puff (I happened to have one laying around). When I used it as a foundation, I got sheer/medium coverage. I also got excellent (really excellent!) pore minimization, and my skin tone looked almost perfectly even. The finish is matte, but still leaves a bit of natural-looking glow. I got a very polished, yet fresh look (and SPF to boot)!

Check out the website. There are 7 shades to choose from (not to mention the stunning array of glosses, lipsticks, liners, treatments, shadows and...yum...eyeliners). The Magic section is mighty cool too. If you can, though, try to visit one of their stores and enjoy the fabulousness in person.

(ftc disclosure: sample/product received from manufacturer or representative)

No comments:

Post a Comment