Thursday, April 14, 2011

“Street” Week: Swell Skin Face Treatment & Oil of Seabuckthorn (review)

It’s been a pretty busy day (and evening), so I’m going to get right to my review of these two fabulous items. From Swell Skin.

Swell Face Treatment and Swell Oil of Seabuckthorn


Blurb: “un-learn” everything you know about skin care. Forget that you think you need 7 products for beautiful skin. Are you still with me? Okay... from now on remember that for the rest of your life all you need to battle acne, rosacea, dermatitis, lines and promote clear, luminous, full skin are two very simplistic, very affordable skin care products. I call them wonders because years later I am still in amazement that they work each and every day!!! For everything!!! Swell Face Treatment and Swell Face Oil encompass all of your skins needs. “It’s as if they intuitively know what to do next for your skin depending on its daily issues.” So “un-clutter” your bathroom and clutter your bank account with the savings you’ll reap.

What kind of beauty junkie features a company that asks you to pare down your collection of products? Well, the kind of beauty junkie who is thoroughly impressed at how well these two products worked.

My skin has a lot of issues, and two of them have been bothering me a lot lately. The first is my tendency to break out. The transition from winter to spring always causes my skin to go out of balance for a few weeks – which results in breakouts. The other issue is eczema on my neck/collar area. It’s been threatening for about two weeks, and I finally had a wicked flare up on Monday.

So what a perfect test for these two items! And they passed! The Face Treatment (a solid bar) cleaned my face incredibly. It got rid of every bit of makeup and dirt, and left my face super clean and ready for the Seabuckthorn oil. For four days I tried using nothing but the two products (and eye cream) on my complexion; and I was really thrilled with the results. The few blemishes that were threatening to arrive disappeared, and the one that had already shown up seemed to heal much faster than usual. My skin also felt very soft and balanced.

I also tried applying the Seabuckthorn oil to my eczema flare up. At night, after showering, I patted the area dry, then followed with a few drops of the oil. The next morning the flare up was almost completely gone. That is the fastest result I have ever had! I may start using this as a preventive measure – or at least when I start noticing the first signs of a flare up. Thank you, Swell Skin!

And to add to the goodness (swellness?), Swell Skin has one of the most positive and cheerful websites I’ve come across in a while. It’s full of great skin information, and wonderful thoughts. Take a look and see why Seabuckthorn is swell; and then give yourself a boost by reading the About Life section.

Here’s another swell song from “The Street.” A perfect, star-studded pick-me-up for almost Friday.



(ftc disclosure: sample/product received from manufacturer or representative)

No comments:

Post a Comment