Friday, July 3, 2009

Color Guard! Simply Organic Color Care Collection (review)

In addition to holiday fun, this is also the weekend when I touch up my color. (You know, if I didn’t have a blog, discussing my hair color schedule would just be downright absurd. Hmm…I guess it still kind of is.)

I also find it ever so slightly absurd that I'm writing about natural organic products to preserve my artificially colored hair. (FYI: My hair is dark brown and I color it with a reddish purple. The result is a dark reddish, slightly purplish brown that looks nice but does not occur in nature.). Yes, I'm a natural woman…but I BREAK THE RULES (whoa!)!

Anyway…three weeks ago I colored my hair and began using the Color Care Collection from Simply Organic.

And now for some blurbs…

A collection designed to protect and enhance hair color and radiance between services. Protects, maintains, enhances hair color. Includes: Moisture Shampoo, Moisture Conditioner, Rejuvenating Sealer, Color Therapy Treatment.

Moisture Rich Hair and Scalp Wash: An award winning Simply Organic shampoo, formulated to gently clean and moisturize dry or damaged hair. Renew and re-hydrate with olive leaf extract, organic honey and nature’s essential oils. Intensive moisturizing. Repairs, strengthens, hydrates & protects. Increased manageability. Will not weigh hair down.

Moisture Rich Hair and Scalp Rinse: A moisturizing conditioner for all hair types, especially beneficial for damaged or dry hair. Instantly detangles. Repairs, strengthens, hydrates. Replaces essential oils. Weightless shine.

Rejuvenating Hair and Scalp Sealer: An ultra-light conditioning spray great for all hair types. May be used throughout the day and is a must to prepare the hair for styling. Simply Organic signature product. Protects hair color from quickly fading. Replaces natural oils. Instantly detangles hair. Balances PH of hair.

Retreat Color Therapy Treatment: Protect your color investment with this professional treatment specifically formulated to restore and replenish natural oils in the hair and scalp lost during color or chemical service. Protects and extends the life and vitality of hair color. Replaces natural oils.

Just in case you’re exhausted from reading all that, I’ll start with the important information: It works. It’s three weeks later and my color has barely faded. That's highly unusual because reds tend to fade quickly. If I didn’t have roots starting to show, I bet I could easily go another couple of weeks. As it is, I’m probably only going to need a little root touch up. Nice.

The shampoo cleans very well and has a nice scent. The conditioner is a great daily softener with a subtle orange fragrance and very little buildup. The serum (which I think is the real secret to this kit) keeps flyaways in check and is a good mid-day style rejuvenator (almost no buildup). The hair treatment mask is wonderful. I used it once a week. It’s rich, creamy and made my hair baby soft. I even used it as a leave-in (accidentally) one day and I kind of liked it.

In addition to using the Color Care Set, I used the Anti-Frizz Creme as a leave-in for additional frizz-control.
Blurb: Designed to eliminate frizz allowing you to define your style and unbelievable shine. During your most difficult styling days, this Anti-Frizz Crème will calm the hair shaft and make your life simple again. Relaxes wavy and curly hair. Smoothes frizz and flyaways. Tames split ends. Adds shine.

Love this too! It controlled frizz, helped define my curls a little and added a little shine. There was lots of softening, but (again) very little buildup.

I loved the kit and am glad to see that the components are all sold separately (I tend to run out of conditioner first). Take a tour of the site - Simply Organic has some other kits worth checking out. Examples: Everyday Collection, Shine Collection, Curly Hair Combo. You can even build a Custom Gift Set online! I repeat...nice.

Happy 4th, everyone!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment